RE: Rf ground

Original poster: "Lau, Gary" <Gary.Lau@xxxxxx>

Hi Scott:

Putting anything in line with the RF ground connection will only reduce
the "effectiveness" of the ground.  As you noted, adding your mason jar
cap made no apparent difference.  This is because the benefit to using a
good RF ground is NOT that it improves performance.  A good RF ground
connection is used so that RF currents and transients flow to the earth
rather than through your AC power wiring.

Regards, Gary Lau
MA, USA