Primary Question & Resistors Wanted

Original poster: Jim <branley1@xxxxxxxxxxx>

Hi Folks:

You guys are great about giving me outstanding insight and advice about tesla coils. My son and I are really enjoying this learning expidition.

I was wondering if anyone has a couple of 1K ohm 100 watt resistors for sale? Digikey will sell me only a minimum of ten. I only need two for my terry filter.

Also, I built my primary today for my 9kv, 60ma nst. The specs for the primary are as follows: Radius is 3" to 12". Wire size is #4 solid copper. Distance between turns is 0.5". Number of turns are 11. Do these specs look correct for my size tesla coil?

Once again thank you for making tesla coiling a fun and rewarding proposition.

Sincerely,
Jim