Re: Moderator requests input on "Wireless Power Transfer"

Hi Gerry,

I am of course interested in new technology and wireless power can come in many different mechanisms. The only thing that puts me off is when the discussion moves from interesting to stupid. In other words, when the natural laws of physics are bypassed and not realized (or rejected, "you know, science missed it"), someone here will hopefully attempt to correct the poster in a pleasant manner. The problem is, often the correction is not pleasant. The thread will usually move into demeaning comments from both sides. As soon as that starts, it's a good time to interject some moderation (and it happened every time in the past). I'm a believer that science can defend itself. But often, emotions never allow such a debate. The topic is very similar to most political debates (full of emotion and hard get the truth).

Take care,
Bart

Hi All,

This subject has come up in the past and has been squelched as one
that has come up before. I personally don't have any hang ups on
this topic and can consider it "on topic" since this was one of
Tesla's endeavors. I guess as long as useful information is
discussed it could continue. So, let me know what you all think.

Gerry