Re: Wireless Power Transmission

Hidetsugu Yagi did research on wireless power transmission back in
the mid twenties and presumably had some sucess with it. I believe he
was using a multiple element antenna to transmit power. Clearly not a
near field system.

Why do some people get so emotional about this topic?
Is that the same person who invented the yagi antenna? and I don't know why people get so heated up about this topic haha "

Same Yagi. Along with Uda he did pioneering ultra high frequency work in the late 1920's and early 1930's and published several articles including some in the Proceedings of the IRE. No power transmission though - all his work obeyed the laws of nature.

Ed