Re: New video

Hi Chris,

Enjoyed your video and write-ups! Hard as hell to get those little coils operating as wanted, isn't it! I looked at your Kong Jr. specs. I assume your tuning in a little over 10 turns? Well, what do you plan to get that little guy performing? You can always add more power (you already know that), but anything else keeping the same power range? I've had the same problems on a similar coil both in power and size (it's not the toroid size). The Freau number is far off and I'm uncertain to relate it to the low voltage or coil size itself (or both).

Take care,
Bart

Tesla list wrote:

Original poster: "CajunCoiler" <cajuncoiler@xxxxxxxxxxx>

As previously listed at...
http://msbdatasystems.com/cajuncoiler/kongjr.txt

Transformer: Magnetek 725-151-401 NST (7500v/30mA) operated
             at 140v for 8751v/30mA operation.
http://msbdatasystems.com/Docs/Docs_cc/magnetek_725-151-401-0.pdf

Spark gap: fan-quenched single gap.
http://msbdatasystems.com/Docs/Docs_cc/sparkgap_kongjr.pdf

Tank Capacitor:
                15nf MMC (CDE #942C20P15K-F x 10)
http://msbdatasystems.com/Docs/Docs_cc/KongJr_MMC.pdf

Let me know if I'm going too fast for ya. :)