Re: modern flybacks with diodes --- is there a simple diode removal procedure?

Original poster: "resonance" <resonance@xxxxxxxxxxxx>

We carry these in stock --- no diodes. The old Zenith TV HV flybacks. Very large. Contact me off-list.

Dr. Resonance

Small modern flyback transformers are cheap, but as far as I know, they all have diodes potted inside of them. The potting on these flybacks universally seems to be impervious epoxy. Does anyone know of:

1) a low cost (under $25), in production, diode-less (AC output) flyback?

2) a simple method of mechanically incising the diode from a particular
   model of low cost, in-production flyback without destroying everything
        else

3)  a method to remove the epoxy from some particular in-production flyback
          (the least likely IMO)

Besides the obvious benefit of those who want AC from a flyback, I was thinking that the secondary coil of a flyback could possibly be a good lowcost charging inductor for a DC tesla coil. Or just a plain old great high Henry, high voltage coil for lots of potential (ha) uses.

Regards,

Al Erpel

18901, PA, USA