RE: Toroids, point taken on flex duct:-) I did want a better "toroid"

Original poster: Terrell Fritz <terrellfone@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>

Hi,

The fixed "X" rods (actually tubes) are 3/8 inch OD hollow brass and the sliders are just 3/8 inch ID tubes from the hobby store. Often Ace hardware also carries K&S tubing.

http://www.ksmetals.com/HobbyMerchandisers/metal_center.asp?Title=Hobby_Merchandisers

It is 0.032 inch wall... McMaster probably has it too, but the K&S is just the right size and cheaper.

The balls I have are eight inches but they are available from 4 inches to like 30 inches in two inch increments.

The center ball is a big brass machine knob from McMaster with offset 3/8 cross holes drilled in it.

http://drsstc.com/~piranha/p-2/bttl/BigSpheres.JPG

Just up the size of the existing hole in the balls to 3/8+ inch and epoxy the big tubes in for telescoping sliders on the 3/8 OD rods. You can search here for all threads on gazing ball terminals and such.

http://www.pupman.com/htsearch.html

Lots of pictures here:

http://drsstc.com/~piranha/p-2/bttl/

Cheers,