Re: FROM HAL - Starfish Spinner

Original poster: Mike <megavolts61@xxxxxxxxx>

Original poster: <davep@xxxxxxxx>

Well, I'm still trying to think 'cheap' here.....anyone ever try using a hard lead pencil(not a soft no. 2) for the needle? I don't know that there would be less friction that a sewing needle, but perhaps the graphite would not create a lot of friction. It would also be fairly conductive. Just a wild thought here.
Mike

 > Sometimes a good jeweled needle bearing assembly can offer even less
> friction.  They are not too expensive and have very low
> friction.  They are also made in very small sizes.  Tucson Bearing
may
> be able to order them for you.

  a good, metal, 'point in cup' bearing, is quite good, better than
  ball bearings fro starting friction, and easy 8)>> to had craft.
  Built a spinner once that way for the relatively low
  voltage of 15kvdc...
   best
    dwp

Expecting? Get great news right away with <http://us.rd.yahoo.com/evt=49982/*http://advision.webevents.yahoo.com/mailbeta/newmail_tools.html>email Auto-Check. Try the <http://us.rd.yahoo.com/evt=49982/*http://advision.webevents.yahoo.com/mailbeta/newmail_tools.html>Yahoo! Mail Beta.