Re: Jonathon's 6" Coil (fwd)

---------- Forwarded message ----------
Date: Fri, 29 Jun 2007 14:02:36 -0700 (PDT)
From: Yurtle Turtle <yurtle_t@xxxxxxxxx>
To: Tesla list <tesla@xxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: Jonathon's 6" Coil (fwd)

Won't a single shot be somewhat affected by the
voltage your caps are charged to? If there's any
resonant rise, you may get more bang at single shot
mode than under normal operation. With a rsg, I may
not be fully charging the cap before a bang.

It's still probably the best method we have. I guess
you could calculate the normal operating cap voltage
(or use JavaTC) then use DC to charge the caps.

Adam