Re: RF grounding (fwd)

---------- Forwarded message ----------
Date: Tue, 19 Jun 2007 15:30:25 -0700
From: Ed Phillips <evp@xxxxxxxxxxx>
To: Tesla list <tesla@xxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: RF grounding (fwd)

Hey Scott,
  Surprisingly enough, a good ground connection can be made out of just
about anything you can get your hands on if you can't drive a ground rod
very deep. You can actually wire a good solid copper cable to all kinds of
metal "crap" and bury them. Steel wheel rims, old sheet metal or that broken
down VW in the back yard can all be buried to make a good ground. Yes, a
good copper ground rod is ideal but, don't let that discourage you!

Tony"

	All the above assumes you have moist soil.  Here where I live in Socal the soil is so dry that the resistance between two 6 foot gound rods 4 feet apart as over 600 ohms!  A good water pipe connection works fine of course and I have my ham transmitter grounded to a 2" copper water line coming in from the main in the street.  That works...

Ed