Re: Dielectric oil for a new capacitor (fwd)

---------- Forwarded message ----------
Date: Tue, 19 Jun 2007 13:19:37 -0600 (MDT)
From: Chip Atkinson <chip@xxxxxxxxxx>
To: Tesla list <tesla@xxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: Dielectric oil for a new capacitor (fwd)

For the rewound NST that I sunk in oil in my own plexiglas case, I used
peanut oil.  Somewhere I read that it was used in the olden days and it
was easy to get at the grocery store.

The remaining tar on the NST dissolved into the oil making it a murky dark
grey but that nst has worked for a long time.  I'd really hate to smell
the oil though because I bet it's beyond rancid. :-}

Chip