Re: 15kVA 12.6kV pole pig (fwd)

---------- Forwarded message ----------
Date: Sat, 16 Jun 2007 09:06:06 -0700 (PDT)
From: J. Aaron Holmes <jaholmes@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
To: Tesla list <tesla@xxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: 15kVA  12.6kV pole pig (fwd)

I'm wondering if you're just overpowering your RSG.
In general, going from 5kVA to 15kVA by just adding a
bigger transformer and a bigger capacitor is going to
be problematic; other things need to get bigger too.
A small-diameter RSG is not going to cut it at pig
powers without help (e.g., series static gap, air
blast, etc.)