Re: variac voltage out (fwd)

---------- Forwarded message ----------
Date: Wed, 13 Jun 2007 15:38:57 -0600 (MDT)
From: Chip Atkinson <chip@xxxxxxxxxx>
To: Tesla list <tesla@xxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: variac voltage out (fwd)

Maybe for a few seconds before it overheats and gets destroyed.
I believe that the impedance of a transformer's primary is carefully
matched to the input voltage.  If your voltage is too high the current
flowing through will be too high and overheat the transformer.  If it's
too low, not enough current will flow to provide enough current to the
secondary output.

Correct me if I'm wrong. :-)

Chip