Re: Sometimes the most intriguing ideas... (fwd)

---------- Forwarded message ----------
Date: Mon, 11 Jun 2007 09:41:33 -0700 (PDT)
From: Brett Miller <brmtesla2@xxxxxxxxx>
To: Tesla list <tesla@xxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: Sometimes the most intriguing ideas... (fwd)

Christopher,

Actually there is a DRSSTC on a chip made by IXYS, or
IR....one of the famous semiconductor manufacturers.
I don't know if anyone has built a working coil with
it yet, but everything is definately there on a tiny
chip, but with realistic ratings.  There's a thread on
4hv about it.

-Brett

http://msbdatasystems.com/Images/Images_cc/tc_chip.jpg

> That picture gives you a general idea of what I was
> seeing.
> It is by no means, to scale... the one in my dream
> measured
> about a foot square, and felt like it weighed about
> 50 or 60
> pounds.
>
> After I woke up, and did a rough sketch to keep me
> from
> forgetting it, it dawned on me that if coiling
> became such a
> popular hobby as to have electronics companies
> consider
> it "profitable", we might actually see devices like
> this one
> (with varying volt, amp, and capacitance ratings)
> being
> made for retail sales... it would be the ultimate
> component
> for coiling, making the part-count on a coil drop
> considerably.
>
> Anyone else ever see one of these in a dream?
> Just a thought. :)
> --
> Christopher 'CajunCoiler' Mayeux
> Panama City, FL USA