Re: more on coupled inductors/radiation/etc. (fwd)

---------- Forwarded message ----------
Date: Mon, 11 Jun 2007 10:26:21 -0500
From: Bert Hickman <bert.hickman@xxxxxxxxxx>
To: Tesla list <tesla@xxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: more on coupled inductors/radiation/etc. (fwd)

Tesla list wrote:
> [...]

Hi Jim,

The authors indicated that they did measure the currents at the center
of both the transmitting and receiving coils using "current probes" [RF
current transformers? Further description not provided], but
unfortunately they didn't publish the actual numbers. Current
measurements were made at the center of each coil since that would be
the maximum current point for their self-resonating helices.

Also, 400 watts was the input (wallplug) power to their Colpitts
oscillator. The actual RF input power apparently was ~150 watts which is
how they account for the quoted 40% efficiency (coil to coil RF power
transfer). Its not clear from their paper whether they measured this or
back-computed it from the current measurements.

Bert
--
We specialize in UNIQUE items! Coins shrunk by huge
magnetic fields, Lichtenberg Figures (our "Captured