3 phase TC (fwd)

---------- Forwarded message ----------
Date: Sun, 03 Jun 2007 01:21:25 -0400
From: Scott Bogard <teslas-intern@xxxxxxxxxxx>
To: tesla@xxxxxxxxxx
Subject: 3 phase TC

Hey everybody,
     A while back somebody asked about a 3 phase Jacobs ladder, what about a
3 phase TC?  I don't know much about 3 phase power, but as I understand it,
connecting 2 hots on a 120 volt 3-phase line produces about 100 volts as
they are 60 degrees out of phase, and connecting all three give 0 volts as
they cancel each other.  Would it be possible to have 3 identical systems
running of a single three phase piggie, to get 3 TCs each 60 degrees out of
phase.  My thinking is that a twin coil is like a center tapped NST, 180
degrees out of phase, and a triple would be like 3-phase tranny, with all
the RF grounds coming together and happily canceling each other out.  I
obviously don't have the time or funds to make such a device, I am simply
curious as to whether it would be theoretically possible (or if somebody's
done it already).  Thanks.
Scott Bogard.