Re: transformers, MMC capacitors, primary Delrin holders (fwd)

---------- Forwarded message ----------
Date: Mon, 30 Jul 2007 22:58:15 -0700
From: huil888 <huil888@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
To: Tesla list <tesla@xxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: transformers, MMC capacitors, primary Delrin holders (fwd)

D.C. -

Are your machined primary coil holders really Delrin acetyl polymer, or are
they polyethylene? If they are made from WalMart cutting boards,  they are
low-density polyethylene, not Delrin. Delrin is much harder than any grade
of polyethylene, has a much higher density and much higher tensile strength,
has a much higher melting point, and is much more expensive. Typical cost of
1/2" thick Delrin sheet is at least 3-4 times more expensive than
polyethylene of the same dimensions.

Regards,
Scott Hanson