Re: 1/4 wave TC (fwd)

---------- Forwarded message ----------
Date: Fri, 27 Jul 2007 01:45:10 EDT
From: Mddeming@xxxxxxx
To: tesla@xxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: 1/4 wave TC (fwd)

Hi Bart, Skip, All,

    I concur that experimentation is a great teacher,  perhaps the best. I
was just trying to ascertain the reasoning, or driving  force, if you will,
behind the experiments. An old professor of mine once  said that there are two
distinct types of  experiments. He called them  "science experiments" and
"science appreciation experiments". The first begin  with a theory, proposition, or
conjecture, and an experiment is designed  and conducted to verify the
hypothesis. The second type is one in which you do  something just to "see what will
happen". The theoretical basis for this  experiment was not clear to me, nor
was it obvious to me what the experiment  would illustrate in light of the
points I raised. If it is one of the latter  type investigations, that is
perfectly OK.

Matt D.

"The most subtly difficult part of any experiment is determining what it
really is we have learned from it."
--Alfred E. Bender

In a message dated 7/26/07 11:18:27 P.M. Eastern Daylight Time,