RE: frequently asked questions. (fwd)

---------- Forwarded message ----------
Date: Wed, 18 Jul 2007 11:31:20 -0400
From: "Lau, Gary" <Gary.Lau@xxxxxx>
To: Tesla list <tesla@xxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: RE: frequently asked questions. (fwd)

That's a good start for a list of questions/topics.

But I take exception to including:
> Tesla Coil FAQ: COILBLD1.TXT
> http://www.pupman.com/howto/COILBLD1.TXT
This suggests that PVC as a secondary coilform is "very high loss"
unless it is laboriously dried and prepared.  While I did cut my coiling
teeth poring over everything he wrote in the 90's, much of what Richard
Quick wrote is not in line with contemporary coiling wisdom.

The topic of creating a FAQ has surfaced on this List in the past, but I
think it ultimately became a tower of Babel project.  Getting consensus
on many points (like if secondary form preparation is necessary) is
unlikely to happen.  A search of the archives should yield at least an
outline of topics and possibly some content, not sure how far it went or
when it occurred.

Regards, Gary Lau
MA, USA

Frequent.