Re: Ignition Coils (fwd)

---------- Forwarded message ----------
Date: Wed, 11 Jul 2007 02:31:53 +0000
From: Langer Giv'r <transworldsnowboarding19@xxxxxxxxxxx>
To: tesla@xxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: Ignition Coils (fwd)

hey that looks like a pretty good schematic.  Thanks.  Just a quick question
on it:  The signal generator being the 555 does not show which prongs to
use.  The 2N3055 transistors are pretty staight forward, but I can't figure
out which of the 8 prongs to use on the 555.

this is the page that shows the schematic i'm looking at:
http://www.rmcybernetics.com/projects/DIY_Devices/homemade_tesla_coil.htm

Also, if I wanted to use more power, would I be able to use 120V AC to power
the coils? (kinda like a small version of a NST)  Would i need heavy
resisting or ballasting?  Could i just use like three in parallel to
increase the voltage I can put accross them?

Daniel