Re: conical secondaries (fwd)

---------- Forwarded message ----------
Date: Mon, 2 Jul 2007 10:00:10 -0700 (PDT)
From: Mike <megavolts61@xxxxxxxxx>
To: Tesla list <tesla@xxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: conical secondaries (fwd)

Hi all,
      My guess is that the conical shape would have one benefit.  The
E-field shape created by such geometry would tend to repel the streamers
up and out, resulting in less chance of primary strikes.  Aslide from
that, I can't see much advantage and I can imagine that the self
capacitance of the coil would be increased compared(and hence lower
frequency given all else equal)  to a helical coil with the same length of
wire and a diamter equal to the place on the cone where half the wire is
above and half below that turn.  I'm sure someone like Bart could analyze
such a comparison...along with mapping of the E-field to see if my notion
is valid.  I don't have such programs on this puter.
  Mike

  In a message dated 6/15/07 10:19:45 P.M. Eastern Daylight Time,