Re: Eye of Sauron

Original poster: "Drake Schutt" <drake89@xxxxxxxxx>

WOW that is awesome!!! How does a motor sitting on top of the toroid not get fried?

drake
On 1/28/07, Tesla list <<mailto:tesla@xxxxxxxxxx> tesla@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Original poster: "Peter Terren" <<mailto:pterren@xxxxxxxxxxxx> pterren@xxxxxxxxxxxx>

I have made an interesting effect which I have dubbed the Eye of Sauron.
Basically streamers radiate from a 5 foot rod on top of the toroid as
a very long breakout point. Streamers extend from the end of the rod
for another 2 or 3 feet. Not particularly interesting so far.  But
rotate it with a battery operated motor and take 22 second exposure
and you have a 15 foot circle of streamers looking like an eye when
viewed from above.
<http://tesladownunder.com/tesla_coil_sparks.htm#Rotating%20long%20breakout%20point>http://tesladownunder.com/tesla_coil_sparks.htm#Rotating%20long%20breakout%20point

Peter