[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]

Re: Ball Lightning from high-amp discharge - Ball lightning in the kitchen

Original poster: Mike <megavolts61@xxxxxxxxx>

That was a great video. Thanks for posting it. Several years ago my mad scientist friend Gomez Addama (aka Bill) showed that you can make ball lighting in your microwave oven. All you have to do is take a really short candle (I used a 'tea candle'), light it and place it in the center of your microwave, invert a pyrex measuring cup over the candle and quickly turn on the microwave(have to be fast so you don't let the candle smother itself out). You will get a nice ball of plasma. I've never seen this hurt the microwave, but if you do this, it's at your own risk lol Also, a tea candle has a lil metal thingy at the bottom, but that doesn't seem to be a problem with sparking as long as it's covered in wax, but I guess if that was a concern, a person could hold the wick and dip the plastic 'holder' into some very hot water until the candle starts to melt and can be pulled out...to remove the tab.

Resending this:

On 1/15/07, Steve Ward <steve.ward@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>I got the same results from playing with thin aluminum foil and a
>flyback transformer (which put out particularly nasty currents for its
>size).  I didnt think much of it at the time, but it looks stunningly
>like the results presented.
>Video from years ago:

We won't tell. Get more on <http://us.rd.yahoo.com/evt=49980/*http://tv.yahoo.com/collections/265>shows you hate to love (and love to hate): <http://us.rd.yahoo.com/evt=49980/*http://tv.yahoo.com/collections/265>Yahoo! TV's Guilty Pleasures list.