Re: ARGH!!: broken wire

Original poster: Mike <megavolts61@xxxxxxxxx>

I've never wound a coil with wire fine enough to break, but I imagine you can sand off the varnish and solder it (silver solder??) then coat it with a nice insulating varnish. A slight imperfection shouldn't hurt too much. I'd think using it near the bottom would probably be better so it would be less of a spot to cause a breakout.
Mike

Original poster: Frosty <frosty90@xxxxxxxxx>

while winding a new secondary, the wire broke about 2/3 of the way
up!! whats the best thing to do? if i join it is it best to have the
end of the secondary closest to to the join as the base (ie closest
to the primary) or use that end as the top to put the toroid on (it
will be about 1.5" above the end of the coil..), also whats the best
way to join the wire?
thanks for any help,
Jesse

We won't tell. Get more on <http://us.rd.yahoo.com/evt=49980/*http://tv.yahoo.com/collections/265>shows you hate to love (and love to hate): <http://us.rd.yahoo.com/evt=49980/*http://tv.yahoo.com/collections/265>Yahoo! TV's Guilty Pleasures list.