Re: Wire Length

We know that Tesla was using the flat spiral coil as a spread-spectrum wireless transmitter. He may have increased the spacing of the inner turns in order to facilitate the occurance of harmonics."

We do? The description here would appear to be a of a regular two-circuit Tesla coil and he is apparently referring to the two different frequencies which can be produced while the primary is being excited. It would be interesting to see how he would calculate them, based on his statement about radily calculated. I haven't seen any discussion of the topic at that early date although it was certainly well known within a few years.

Ed