RE: vttc video....

Original poster: Brett Miller <brmtesla2@xxxxxxxxx>

Cameron,

100 dollars for the board is way too steep, I would
sooner just kickstart my SSTC program and work on nice
controller for my DRSSTC or whatever.  I plan on
getting into that stuff pretty soon anyway.

Maybe I should just breadboard mine too.  The parts
for Dan's board are about 54 bux via Digikey...unless
those components have gone up considerably..

-Brett

> Original poster: "Cameron B. Prince"
> <cplists@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
>
> Hi Brett,
>
>  > That's really great that you built both of them.
>  > will definately be asking you a question or two a
> few
>  > weeks down the road when I build mine.  I think
> I'll
>  > just burn the PCB or have it down through
> ExpressPCB
>  > if I go with Dan's board.
>
> I checked with Dan last year and didn't have any
> boards remaining. I also
> checked with ExpressPCB and they wanted about $100
> for the board. That's
> when I decided to just breadboard it.
>
> I've been through the gamut of triacs for the VTTC
> also. Both David Rieben
> and I are now using NTE 56018 800V 25A triacs. You
> can read about them here:
>
> http://www.ortodoxism.ro/datasheets/nte/NTE56018.pdf
>
> Let me know if you have questions.
>
> Cameron