Re: Metallic salts on vttc breakout point...

Original poster: FutureT@xxxxxxx In a message dated 2/12/07 9:18:13 PM Eastern Standard Time, tesla@xxxxxxxxxx writes:

To make
the really long sparks I still have to plug the 833A
back in, but for efficiency, having the 813 in the
system seems superior.

-Brett

Brett,

By the way, something I forgot to mention but you may
have seen the effect anyway.... is that if the 833A coil is
reasonably well tuned and adjusted, the redness of
the plate will be spread out over much of the plate area.
But if the coil is poorly tuned or adjusted, the redness
will seem more concentrated at the center of the plate.
This is a good way to judge how things are progressing
when tuning up a new coil (along with spark length and
power draw of course).

When I get a chance, I plan to put some photos of other
tubes at my website too.  Tubes such as the 845, EV-20,
304TL, 304TH, 5868, 812A, etc.  Maybe some hydrogen
thyratrons too.

John