Re: Line filter -- where to ground it?

Original poster: Terrell Fritz <terrellfone@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>

Hi,

I note that "diode based" snubber circuits (as told by Steve Ward) are hitting "me" hard in the face these days......... Mostly in controlling negative voltages to caps that "don't do that".... "Good stuff" there :-))

For Ken, "I" can't see any advantage in your "active snubber" thing... Maybe I am "missing the beauty" or something... But just a "diode" does the same.... Splitting the polarity and the currents between "two" coils is of no advantage as I see... You can keep it all just on "one" coil only, positively charged from the AC line, just the same...

Cheers,

        Terry