Re: [TCML] Terry filters

Rich Schmuke wrote:

I have a 13Kv 120ma trnsformer from a laser power supply. I am building a coil with it , it has no center tap, but I think I could add one. Would a terry filter be of use with this type of transformer? Control is by a 240v autotransformer and variable inductive load. The load is a old Jefferson NST core, 10ga primary , with a few turns of wire shorted out for a secondary, then a roll of 12ga with moveable core of steel wire.

Rich

Why centertap? More convenient as it is as you only have one HV terminal in the primary. Adjust [half] filter components to give same series R and C, as well as same total MOV threshold voltage.

Ed