Re: [TCML] Subject: current & fuses and toroid diameter, etc

Marko,

Spark streamers will tend to reach out by about 3 to 3.5 times
the toroid diameter. Possibly a little longer at higher breakrates. Spark streamers will tend to reach out by 10 or 11 times
the toroid minor diameter.  This is just a rough rule of thumb
that I use.  So it's mostly the toroid diameter that's limiting
your spark lengths.  Using 700 turns vs. 1000 + turns will
only reduce your spark lengths by maybe 10% or so.

John"

	Seems to me that the terminal diameter would only limit the spark length if the power was very high.  Also, IF the secondary is tuned properly, why would the output voltage be affected by the number of turns and the secondary inductance?

Ed