RE: [TCML] Terry filters

There are indeed losses in a TF; the resistors will become uncomfortably hot after a moderate run time.  But the power loss is considered acceptable "collateral damage" by most that use them.

On a related topic - strike rails and primary strikes - it's worth emphasizing that the use of a TF is particularly important in saving your NST in the event of a primary strike!  I believe that caps are protected by virtue of conservarion of energy, but the NST REALLY needs a TF between it and a primary strike.

Regarding one size fits all - The number of MOV/ZNR's must be adjusted based on the NST voltage.

Regards, Gary Lau
MA, USA