From: tesla-bounces@xxxxxxxxxx [mailto:tesla-bounces@xxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf
Of Scott Kraus
Sent: Friday, December 21, 2007 6:44 PM
To: Tesla Coil Mailing List
Subject: Re: [TCML] RF transformer design

Hi Finn,

   I don't know if you have seen Steve Ward's web page but he built a
capacitor charging power supply that sounds like it may be what you want.

  http://www.stevehv.4hv.org/

  Scott

Finn Hammer <f-h@xxxx> wrote:
  All,

One thing has been high on my wish list for quite some years now.

How to design a RF power transformer, on a ferrite core, without
resorting to trial and error.

My experience with transformer design is limited to 50Hz, and Many of
you all remember how I built the Porkchop, but that was simple.

My present needs are in the 20-50kHz, 15-20kW range.

I have been offered a limited time trial on IEEE enterprise, with 10
free downloads, and perhaps there are papers there, describing a usable
approach.
Pointers to papers are invited.
If there are any of you that can suggest text books on the subject, I`d
be grateful too.

Together with Daniel Uhrenholt, I am in the process of making a CCPS,
based on SLR topology, and I`m stuck on designing the output transformer.

Hope someone helps :-)

heers, Finn Hammer