[TCML] A question on IC's

I was wondering if i could use a uc3708ne in place of a uc3708n the only difference between them is the number of pins. The ne has 16 and the n has 8. If i could use the ne what would i have to do different. I would use all the pins on the N. Here is a link to the data sheet http://focus.ti.com/general/docs/lit/getliterature.tsp?genericPartNumber=UC3708. Thanks for all your help.

  Russ