Re: Mysterious Streamers - Mystery Solved (fwd)

---------- Forwarded message ----------
Date: Fri, 24 Aug 2007 09:59:42 -0400
From: Daniel Kline <daniel_kline@xxxxxxxxxxx>
To: Tesla list <tesla@xxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: Mysterious Streamers - Mystery Solved (fwd)

Tesla list wrote:
> [...]

Exactly. The bright streamer is the reflection from the front surface of
the camera lens, and the faint streamer is the reflection from the back
surface of the camera lens. You can see this effect in an ordinary
mirror if the glass is thick: a bright image of yourself, and a fainter
ghost-image of yourself, slightly offset about the thickness of the
mirror glass from the bright image.

As with the rest of Tesla-coiling, the simplest answer is probably the
right answer ;-)

Dan K.