Re: sparkless rotary spark gap (fwd)

---------- Forwarded message ----------
Date: Mon, 06 Aug 2007 21:02:26 -0700
From: Jim Lux <jimlux@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
To: Tesla list <tesla@xxxxxxxxxx>, tesla@xxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: sparkless rotary spark gap (fwd)

At 07:50 PM 8/6/2007, Tesla list wrote:

> [...]

But if one were to use magnetic bearings with closed loop feedback
compensation, one could deal with this.  Straightforward technology
used in, oh, gas centrifuges, among other things.  TC RSGs spin a lot slower.

Not that it's reasonable for the run of the mill tesla coil, but just
thought I'd throw it out there for the ambitious experimenter.  There
is a substantial commercial market for this kind of thing if you come
up with clever ways to do it.