Re: HV accident (Ceiling strikes) (fwd)

---------- Forwarded message ----------
Date: Mon, 06 Aug 2007 20:50:51 -0700
From: Jim Lux <jimlux@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
To: Tesla list <tesla@xxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: HV accident (Ceiling strikes) (fwd)

At 12:36 PM 8/5/2007, Tesla list wrote:

> [...]

Why not.. there are fast switches that rely on a field emission diode
blasting into the gap and laser ionization as well.  And, of course,
old standbys like the ignitron.  Shouldn't make much difference
whether you get the ions from a spark gap, from E-field, or from
dropping a bar of metal.

For that matter, some trigatrons work this way.