Re: How long? (fwd)

---------- Forwarded message ----------
Date: Sat, 4 Aug 2007 23:37:52 -0500
From: resonance <resonance@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
To: Tesla list <tesla@xxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: How long? (fwd)

Most are run in 30 to 60 sec. bursts.

You can run longer if outdoors to prevent the nauseous buildup of ozone.

Most coils are limited due to cap type and size, ratings, and transformer
type and ratings.

NSTs should always be used with some type of filter to insure their life.
Many experimenters employ used NSTs due to budget constraints and generally
there is no way to determine the remaining useful life of the xmfr without
knowing its history.

Pole xmfrs and PTs are more forgiving, but I usually run a resistive type
filter on them combined with a safety sparkgap.

Dr. Resonance
Resonance Research Corp.
www.resonanceresearch.com