Q values

Hi All,

Due to my recent Max Inductance post, I mentioned finding an error in Javatc for low h/d coils regarding Q and Rac outputs. Due to this finding and correction, I've updated a graph that I've had at the website which spells out measured Q values for numerous coils vs. Javatc's prediction of Q. I thought I should update the graph so everyone can see that Javatc's Q prediction is certainly in the ballpark. Q is a very difficult measurement to get right. The measurement itself is easy, but resolution is often the problem and can really throw off the actual attainable Q measurement. What error is found is very likely the measurement more than the calculated value. It's just that type of situation with Q.

Anyway, here's the graph showing how Javatc ranks with precise measured Q values.

http://www.classictesla.com/sim/Rac_Q_Chart.gif

Take care,
Bart