Re: Wardencyffe/Tunnels Re: Colorado Springs

Original poster: David Thomson <dwt@xxxxxxxxxxxx>

Tesla list wrote:
Original poster: "BRIAN FOLEY" <ka1bbg@xxxxxxxxxxx>

Hi, very interesting, thanks for the picture. what is the coil form made of?
cul brian f.

The coil form is made from plywood that has been glued in layers and then turned on a lathe. Each cone was apparently made separate and then glued to a common disc. When I first saw the plywood, my thought was, "this can't be very old as plywood is a recent invention." Then I did some research on plywood and found out that it is another of a long list of ancient Chinese inventions. It was hard for me to believe they had commercial plywood factories at the end of the 1800s.

Dave