1" Baby coil, first light

Original poster: "James Howells" <james@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>

After 5 months and lots of help from all coiling groups I THINK I have a working coil

I invite your decision as to whether it is a working TESLA coil or just a look alike acting as a induction transformer

<http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u5_isLWT8Hk>http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u5_isLWT8Hk

I would also like your comments as to the reason why three different primary coils work almost as well on the coil

The total details are lengthy but, the main components are:
* 1 inch dia secondary, wound over 3" with .004 inch ( 4 mil USA - 4 thou UK .. .1 mm Euros) * Ignition coil driven with rectified out put ( two power diodes on the output leads
   *  10 X 10 nF in a string ( ser) 2 strings in parallel = 2 nF
   * Static, but adjustable  spark gap - with silver button electrodes
* 1St primary raised spiral wound bare wire 0.052 inch dia . Six turns .. inner 2 inches outer lap 3.5 inches approx .3 inch spacing total height 2.5 inches * 2nd primary coil raised spiral from automotive, copper, brake tube .192 inch dia 4 turns at 1/2 inch spacing, 1.35" height, 3 " ID and 7" last lap dia * 3rd primary flat spiral of 4 turns MOT filament heater wire. Close wound with insulation on .wire 0.05 "dia, insulation .039 thick- which will be the spacing also * Top load 1.38 " dia foam rubber ( sold as a cat's Toy) covered in self adhesive Al. Tape
All these primary coils work well with the same Cap and secondary  . why ?

THANKS TO EVERYONE FOR THEIR PAST HELP AND ADVICE - all around the world !

IF this is a real Tesla . I promise to give up the ignition coils and go on to my NST

PS. I also got this working with HAWG salt water caps made from small Heinz pickled beetroot jar - for the salt water enthusiasts

Protected by <http://www.SpamJab.com>www.SpamJab.com {UgzndUInruKjv2Cy9r}