RE: [] Re: Colorado Springs

Original poster: "Anthony R. Mollner" <penny831@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>

And a few hundred miles isn't good enough of a reason to build it?

-----Original Message-----
From: Tesla list [mailto:tesla@xxxxxxxxxx]
Sent: Sunday, April 15, 2007 7:19 PM
To: tesla@xxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [PHISH] Re: Colorado Springs

Original poster: "Gary Peterson" <g.peterson@xxxxxxxxxxxx>

It makes no sense to replicate the Colorado Springs experimental
World System transmitter because of its imperfections and defects.

November 5, 1903,

Dear Mr. Morgan:-

     The enclosed bears out my statement made to you over a year and
a half ago.  The old plant has never worked beyond a few hundred
miles.  Apart of imperfections of the apparatus design there were
four defects, each of which was fatal to success.  It does not seem
probable that the new plant will do much better, for these faults
were of a widely different nature and difficult to discover.
     As to the remedies, I have protected myself in applications
filed 1900-1902, still in the office.

                              Yours faithfully,
                                                N. Tesla

The "old plant" refers to the Colorado Springs Experimental
Station.  As for the "remedies" protected in applications filed
between 1900 and 1902, and "still in the office," the only patented
invention meeting these criteria is APPARATUS FOR TRANSMITTING
ELECTRICAL ENERGY, Jan. 18, 1902, U.S. Patent 1,119,732, Dec. 1,
1914.  The sensible approach is to create a Wardenclyffe replica
modeled after this design.