RE: Thoraited Tungsten Rods

Original poster: Mike <megavolts61@xxxxxxxxx>

Ah yes.... a word to the moneywise.... brass lamp finials work great for saftey gaps. They are tapped for 1/4 20 bolts (at least all the ones I've used) which makes them convenient for mounting.
Mike

Original poster: "Lau, Gary" <Gary.Lau@xxxxxx>

I'm not sure I can see any reason to use any sort of tungsten in a
safety gap.  The point of a safety gap is to only fire in the event of
something gone wrong, hopefully not too often.  The point of using
tungsten is that it doesn't erode (ablate) following extended arcing.
Nothing wrong with using tungsten of course - just not necessary.
Brass
acorn nuts and drawer pulls are widely available and perfectly suitable
for safety electrodes..

Gary Lau
MA, USA

Check out <http://us.rd.yahoo.com/evt=48245/*http://autos.yahoo.com/new_cars.html;_ylc=X3oDMTE1YW1jcXJ2BF9TAzk3MTA3MDc2BHNlYwNtYWlsdGFncwRzbGsDbmV3LWNhcnM->new cars at Yahoo! Autos.