Pushing a TL494

Original poster: "Joshua Johnson" <jjohnson98@xxxxxxxxx>

I am trying to throw together a audio modulated SSTC. The secondary/topload I am going to use looks like 400 to 500 kHz for a resonant frequency. I was wondering if I could stick with the TL494 controller even though the spec sheet says it's only good to 300 kHz. The Plasmasonic II setup, <http://www.easternvoltageresearch.com/designfiles/plasma02_presentation.pdf>http://www.easternvoltageresearch.com/designfiles/plasma02_presentation.pdf is tested to 400 kHz with the TL494. Can I push it a bit farther? Anyone run at higher frequencies with this controller?

I skimmed through Texas Instruments' SMPS controllers that handle higher frequencies but they don't have the handy Dead-Time Controller pin like the TL494 where you can just feed in the audio for modulation.

Any ideas much appreciated.

Thanks,
JJ