JAVATC version 10.m

Hi All,

I uploaded a new version (10.m) of JATATC.
http://www.classictesla.com/java/javatc.html

The addition to this version of JAVATC is Lead Length Inductance. Between the Primary Inputs and the Top Load Inputs is an area for Lead Length. These are the leads on each side of the primary extending to their destination. The first input box asks for Total Lead Length, so this includes the total length on each side of the primary. The second input box is the diameter of the wire used for the leads.

This is only helpful for really small coils where the lead length inductance is a considerable factor in relation to the primary inductance. For example, on my little 4.5" diameter coil, the difference is barely 1%. However, on a much smaller coil I'm building (small 3" ID and 8" OD, 5 turn), the leads make about a 2.2 turn difference! This type of coil is where the lead inductance is really helpful.

The formula is simply for a straight wire inductance. The primary inductance listed is for the primary itself. When you Auto-Tune the primary, the lead inductance is now considered as a static inductance (unchanging) and the primary will be tuned with this static inductance in mind. If you have no need to worry about lead length, don't even worry about inserting a value in the input boxes. It's no big deal. The program will only calc lead length if both input boxes have values inserted, otherwise, it assumes no leads.

I also performed a little cleanup for the Consolidated Output text.

In the next version of JAVATC, I want to include Spark Loading. I've tried some methods of performing this in unison with GEOTC Script Engine, but I'm not satisfied with the results. I'm contacting Paul about this. It's something I really want to include for many reasons. I would need a new topload object type to do it. That's the difficulty. JavaScript isn't the best programming method to use for this stuff and it's rather cumbersome. Time will tell I guess.

BTW, the offline pc version is updated to 10.m:
http://www.classictesla.com/java/javatc.zip

Any problems, keep them to yourself (kidding, just let me know).

Take care,
Bart