Re: Machining an Egg

Original poster: "resonance" <resonance@xxxxxxxxxxxx>

Use steel and have it copper plated.  Local plating shops can do this for you.

Dr. Resonance
To: <tesla@xxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Saturday, September 16, 2006 10:29 PM
Subject: RE: Machining an Egg

Original poster: "Cameron B. Prince" <cplists@xxxxxxxxxx>

Hi Ed,

I actually held the egg from the museum in my hand and it's solid and heavy.
I think this is what keeps it on the platter unlike Harry Goldman's which
tends to fly off from what I've been told.

The copper is expensive. The 2 inch by 6 inch rod is almost $100.00.

Maybe D.C. Cox can tell us about his egg without giving away too much...

D.C.?

Thanks,
Cameron