Re: Egg of Columbus

Original poster: Finn Hammer <f-h@xxxx>

I saw an interpretation of this egg at the Palais de la Decouverte on Champs Elysées, Paris
It is in the glass montre in the back, but it is hard to see it.
http://www.palais-decouverte.fr/discip/physique/electromag/index.htm
It consists of just 3 iron cored solonoids, each pointing right into the center of the egg. Really simple, and far more intuitively understandable than an induction motor stator winding which is hard to grasp.

Cheers, Finn Hammer

Tesla list wrote:

Original poster: "Cameron B. Prince" <cplists@xxxxxxxxxx>

Hey guys,

After more research, I found that Harry Goldman has created an Egg of
Columbus you can see here:

http://mysite.verizon.net/res07cmo/images/Egg-of-Columbus.jpg

Apparently, at one time, Ed Wingate had some schematics around his shop for
it. Ed, do you still have those?

>From what I can gather, the system uses a standard induction motor stator
pulled from a household appliance.

I believe Harry provides more details in the magazine called Electric
Spacecraft Journal Vol. 40. Does anyone have a copy of this they could look
in for a schematic?

Thanks,
Cameron