Re: PLL SSTC

Hi,

I think Steve Conner has done the most with PLL solid state Tesla coil stuff:

http://scopeboy.com/tesla/index.html

http://scopeboy.com/tesla/dwsstc/wk2.html

The problem is Tesla coil waveforms like this:

http://hot-streamer.com/temp/NightmareWave.gif

Fricking had for a PLL to track!! But Steve has been the most successful! I think he has better stuff now...

Most other designs use "fast" zero crossing detectors on the primary current to do it all in real time:

http://drsstc.com/~terrell/schematics/MainController-1.0.pdf

http://drsstc.com/~terrell/schematics/CurrentMeasurement.gif

http://drsstc.com/~terrell/schematics/OpticalGateDrive-1.0.pdf'

http://drsstc.com/~terrell/schematics/H-Bridge-1.0.pdf

Connor, Ward, and certainly Dan do better then "me" here ;-))

http://scopeboy.com/tesla/

http://www.stevehv.4hv.org/SSTCindex.htm

http://www.easternvoltageresearch.com/

The "real thing" would be to have a uP hard number crunch it all in real time... I have "imagined" doing it with this:

http://www.parallax.com/dl/docs/prod/prop/PchipBlockRev.pdf

But just "pie in the sky" ;-))

I got some 4046's once but never used them since the fast real time stuff was better for me.

Cheers,

        Terry