Re: Doubling NST voltage? (fwd)

---------- Forwarded message ----------
Date: Sun, 29 Oct 2006 08:46:12 -0600
From: David Rieben <drieben@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
To: Tesla list <tesla@xxxxxxxxxx>
Cc: David Rieben <drieben@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: Doubling NST voltage? (fwd)

Neal,

I assume that you're referring to the HV output of
the NSTs. Since most NSTs are mid-point grounded
on their HV outputs, you cannot series the HV output
of NSTs for increased voltage. Since more power is
the name of the game for bigger sparks, just paralleling
the HV outputs for more mA is quite sufficient for
increased spark length performance.

David Rieben