RE: HV Voltage doubling. (fwd), DC resonance charging? (fwd)

---------- Forwarded message ----------
Date: Sat, 28 Oct 2006 19:21:02 -0700
From: Jim Mora <jmora@xxxxxxxxxxx>
To: 'Tesla list' <tesla@xxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: RE: HV Voltage doubling. (fwd), DC resonance charging?

-----Original Message-----
From: Tesla list [mailto:tesla@xxxxxxxxxx]
Sent: Saturday, October 28, 2006 6:01 PM
To: tesla@xxxxxxxxxx
Subject: HV Voltage doubling. (fwd)

---------- Forwarded message ----------
Date: Sat, 28 Oct 2006 17:54:01 -0700
From: Jim Mora <jmora@xxxxxxxxxxx>
To: 'Tesla list' <tesla@xxxxxxxxxx>
Cc: 'High Voltage list' <hvlist@xxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: HV Voltage doubling.

Hello List,

I have recently aquired a 14400 or 20 KV 15KVA bombardier Transformer (sold
my pig for something a bit more portable). I would like to use it for two
purposes Powering my 8" coil (won't break a sweat) and charging 2 to 3
7.2uf 50KV Capacitors. I need to develop 40KV @ 15kva. Is it feasible to
develop 200 joules per sec or more? Ideally two of these in series (very
high BIL rating) @ 14400 followed by a full wave rectifier would be perfect
but outside my budget. As the debate continues, I think there is twice the
current.

Consider this circuit. Its design isolates the circuit capacitors from the
giant capacitance it will be charging. I would plan on diminishing stages of
limiting resistance to the big caps.

http://www.kwarc.org/bulletin/99-04/tech_corner.htm Has anyone ever used
this configuration before? Suggestions? I have no idea what size capacitance
would be used other then at least double the RMS voltage rating.

Thanks,

Jim Mora

What about DC resonance charging with dequeing diodes, would this not charge
the mongo caps to 2x DC supply voltage in reasonable time? The energy in the
charging Inductor would be quite high. Maybe an email to D&M HV is in order.

Thanks Again,

Jim