Re: HV Voltage doubling. (fwd)

---------- Forwarded message ----------
Date: Sat, 28 Oct 2006 20:02:30 -0600
From: S&JY <youngsters@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
To: Tesla list <tesla@xxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: HV Voltage doubling. (fwd)

Jim,

Good for you for finding this obscure circuit!  I discovered it many years
ago, but have never tried it, and have not seen it referred to in any other
source.   I think it should have good application to coilers, both for solid
state & DC RSG setups, but for safety, it should be transformer isolated.
Before you commit to all the HV stuff, you can experiment with it using a
filament transformer & low voltage diodes & caps, and apply loads while
watching the output ripple, droop, etc. with a scope and voltmeter.  Please
let us know how it works out.
--Steve Y.